If you have backyard chickens, then you must love fresh, organic eggs. And every egg lover needs an egg cooker. Egg cookers keep the guesswork away from egg boiling so you get perfectly boiled eggs each time. Save time on busy mornings with the best egg cookers in the market!
Benefits of using an egg cooker
Egg cookers not only boil eggs in hard/medium/soft consistency; you can also use them to poach eggs, make omelets, or even scrambled eggs. This makes an egg-cooker perfect for large families where everyone loves different egg recipes for their breakfast. Moreover, some cookers are also useful for steaming vegetables and making dumplings.
Save time on busy mornings
An egg cooker cooks eggs perfectly without needing too much supervision. Many come with timers, buzzers, alarms, and/or auto-shut-off feature that alert you that your eggs are done. This way, you can continue your chores and save time.
Great for dormitories, travelers, and camp cooking
Small and compact egg cookers are ideal to take along on your travels so you can cook delicious, healthy, and wholesome meals.
Egg cookers are fast becoming a must-have appliance for busy professionals and students living in dormitories who wish to cook healthy, wholesome meals and save time and money in the process.
Great for high-protein dieters
Low-carb, high-protein diets have become increasingly popular around the world. Eggs meet these specifications and many dieters rely upon delicious and nutritious egg recipes to meet their protein needs.
An egg cooker can be very useful for such people. Many come with a capacity to cook up to 14 boiled eggs at a time. Some egg cookers also cook 4-5 poached eggs simultaneously.
Features to look for in an Egg cooker
Egg cookers come with 7-egg to 14-egg cooking capacity with a poaching tray for up to 4 poached eggs. Choose the one that meets your family’s needs.
Egg cookers with an alarm are handy if you do not have the time to keep checking on your eggs. An alarm or LED indicator can help alert you to perfectly done eggs each time.
Alternatively, look for egg cookers with an auto-shut of feature so that the unit switches off once the eggs are cooked.
Egg cookers come in BPA-free, food-grade plastic or in metal or galvanized steel. Both types are great although some plastic egg cookers are known to be flimsy and do not last long. Metal egg cookers last longer but they may be prone to rusting.
Egg cookers can cost anywhere from $20 to $100. A higher price does not necessarily mean a superior cooker; although as with most kitchen appliances, you do get what you pay for. Never base your selection on the price of the egg cooker alone; make sure you also consider other features. As with any appliance, it is best to read honest reviews before you buy.
Best Egg Cooker for your Kitchen
1. DASH Rapid Egg Cooker with Auto Shut Off – 6 Egg Capacity
Dash can be considered as the pioneer in egg cookers; a trusted name in American Kitchens for decades. It has the facility to cook boiled eggs, poached eggs, and even omelets.
Dash egg cookers come in different configurations, features, capacities, and models; all of which have received rave reviews.
Cooking eggs on busy mornings can be a chore and there are many ways in which one can go wrong. But with DASH egg cookers, you can take away all the guesswork out from the process and get perfectly cooked eggs each time.
- Versatile egg cooker that can give you and your loved ones perfectly cooked eggs each time, be it scrambled, poached, hard/soft boiled, or omelets.
- More than 20K+ positive reviews on top retail sites.
- Compact and lightweight, this egg cooker is ideal for dormitories, RV, camping, small kitchens, etc.
- Comes with a recipe book, a measuring cup, a poaching tray, a boiling tray, and an omelet bowl.
- Impress your loved ones with eggs benedicts, deviled eggs, eggs salad, and perfect hard or soft boiled eggs.
- The non-electric parts are easy to wash and are even dishwasher safe.
- The egg cooker is super easy to assemble, very easy to use and clean, and also noise-free.
- Sturdy and attractive egg cooker
- Inconsistent results – many people were left with soggy, uncooked eggs
- A few users complained of boiled eggs being stuck to their shells
2. Vobaga Stainless Steel Egg Cooker with Auto Shut Off
Want perfect eggs in less time than it takes to boil water? Then Vobaga Stainless Steel Egg Cooker with Auto Shut off is the egg cooker for you. It comes in three attractive colors and its stainless steel tray basket and rack is sure to enhance any kitchen décor.
- Impress family and friends with perfectly cooked hard/soft/medium eggs, eggs benedicts, and even egg custard.
- This hassle-free egg cooker is super easy to use: simply add water and it shuts off automatically too at the right time. You need not even worry about the noise level.
- VOBAGA stainless steel egg cookers are easy to clean. They are durable, long-lasting, and rust-proof.
- Compact and attractive, this cute egg maker makes a perfect house-warming gift.
- It is easy to use, clean, and total value for money.
- Get flavorful eggs each time with Vobaga egg cooker.
- Some units shorted within a short time
- A few users complained of a burning smell
3. Hamilton-Beach Electric Egg Cooker and Egg Poacher
When it comes to kitchen appliances, Hamilton-Beach is a big name. So, you can blindly trust their egg cooker and egg poacher unit which has received thousands of positive reviews and 5-star ratings.
- Versatile egg cooker can poach eggs and also boil them to hard/medium/soft consistency.
- A timer alerts you to when the eggs are ready.
- 7-egg capacity – quickly prepare breakfast in no time on busy mornings.
- The unit comes with a poaching tray, measuring cup, piercing tool, and a tray to boil 7 eggs.
- Energy efficient
- Durable, versatile, and extremely easy to use and clean
- Low noise level
- Great for gifting
- Water measuring cup markings are not clear
- A few units developed leaks
4. Dash DEC012AQ Deluxe Rapid Egg Cooker: 12 Capacity for Hard Boiled, Poached, Scrambled, Omelets, Steamed Vegetables, Seafood, Dumplings
Dash is a trusted name in egg cookers. This 12-capacity egg cooker is based on the original model and you know you are in for perfectly cooked eggs each time. In addition to eggs, DASH also steams vegetables, dumplings, and sea-food – thus making it a must-have appliance in every kitchen.
- DASH 12 capacity egg cooker is available in 5 attractive colors.
- Every busy man/woman who loves to eat healthy, delicious food needs this appliance which is not just an egg-cooker but a steamer as well.
- Even kids can safely and easily use this cooker
- Versatile egg cooker that is perfect for large families, students, campers, travelers, etc
- Backed by 1-year warranty
- Comes with poaching tray, measuring cup, egg holder tray, omelete tray – pretty much everything you need to cook healthy breakfast.
- Easy to use, clean, remove, and value for money
- Makes a great gift
- Great customer service
- Inconsistent results
5. Maxi-Matic EGC-007 Egg Cooker Poacher Boiler BPA-Free with Auto Shut-off
The buzzer-alert feature of Max-Matic egg cooker is what sets it apart from other top-rated egg cookers out there. The cooker has a 7-egg capacity and also comes with a lifetime-warranty.
- Available in 5 attractive colors – excellent for gifting
- Versatile – use it to make delicious egg recipes including devilled eggs, scrambled, eggs, poached eggs, etc. Also useful for steaming veggies.
- Compact, lightweight, space-saving appliance that will enhance your kitchen decor.
- Removable parts that are dishwasher-safe
- Easy to remove and clean
- Fun and simple to use; even kids can use it.
- Thousands of happy customers and positive ratings.
- The buzzer feature may be disturbing for some people
- Inconsistent cooking
6. Cuisinart CEC 10 Stainless Steel Egg Cooker
Most egg cookers cook 7 eggs at a time; the Cuisinart cooks 10 and it comes with a rust-proof stainless-steel body that is durable and long-lasting.
- Comes with a LED indicator as well as an audible indicator.
- Poaching tray capacity is of 4 eggs
- Durable and versatile
- Easy to clean thanks to removable parts, dishwasher-safe components, and built-in cord
- Low-noise level
- Giftable egg cooker that is attractive for any kitchen
- Egg piercing tool is difficult to use; needs a lot of pressure
- Some users had eggs oozing out of the hole
- Water leakages have been reported in some units
- Inconsistent results
7. Copper Chef Perfect Electric Egg Cooker for Hard Boiled Poached Eggs
Copper Chef egg cooker ensures perfectly cooked eggs with single-touch cooking. The best part is that it takes away all the guess work out of cooking eggs. You can also cook 14 eggs at a time!
- Fail-proof operation; takes away all guesswork out of egg cooking
- Versatile; perfect for large families that love eggs and high protein diets
- Perfect peel-technology that gives clean peeled eggs every time.
- Great for gifting
- Low noise level
- Easy to use
- Flimsy plastic material
- Power-button gives issues.
8. VonShef 7-Egg Stainless Steel Egg Cooker & Poacher with Steamer Attachment
This stainless-steel egg cooker has a sleek design, sturdy heating plate, and an automatic turn-off operation.
- The reason why VonShef cooks eggs perfectly each time is because it turns off automatically as soon as the water steams. This gives you perfect eggs which are not overcooked or oozing. Get perfectly boiled, easy-to-peel eggs each time.
- Great for gifting
- Easy to use and clean
- Auto-shut off feature is unreliable. Some units continued to remain on long after the water had evaporated, leading to scaling and burning.
- Water leaks have been reported
- Egg piercing tool is not sharp enough; some eggs end up broken.
You literally have hundreds of options when it comes to buying an egg cooker and things get even more confusing since they all have top ratings and reviews. The above egg cookers have received thousands of positive reviews and they are also reliable and consistent in their operation.
We hope this guide helps you make an informed choice so you can enjoy healthy egg recipes day after day!