Chickens need vitamins and minerals to stay happy and healthy. Even if you feed your birds the best poultry feed, it may not always be enough.
Many commercial hen feed products do not contain balanced nutrition. Most are devoid of probiotics and electrolytes, which poultry birds need to stay healthy, disease-free, and hydrated. That is why you need the best chicken vitamins and supplements with probiotics and electrolytes to ensure optimal digestion and balanced nutrition.
In the summer months, chickens lose water rapidly as they get dehydrated in the scorching sun. An electrolytic imbalance can cause your birds to look dull, weak, and lethargic. The results may even be seen in the form of feather loss, inability to fly without falling, and through recurrent bouts of infections.
Then there is healthy digestion. Chickens peck at worms and garbage, which can lead to bacterial infections.
An imbalance in the gut microflora can also weaken their immune system and impact their digestion, leading to watery stools or diarrhea. Probiotic supplements can come to the rescue here.
Probiotics are friendly bacteria that help balance gut flora, strengthen immunity, and ensure proper bowel movements. With regular use, chicken feed supplements with probiotics can provide overall well being in your chickens, ducks, and other poultry fowl.
Another advantage of using chicken vitamins is healthier breeding. Right quality supplements will help improve the quality and quantity of eggs.
If your chickens are producing eggs with thin shells and pecking away at them, it is a likely indication that they need more nourishment.
With regular use of chicken supplements, your birds will get all the nourishment they need, produce larger eggs with richer yolks and harder shells. This will eventually curb egg-eating behavior.
If you have roosters and fighting cocks, then you need to buy the best quality chicken vitamins and protein supplements.
Select a supplement with whey, bone-building calcium, and amino acids, which help repair wear-and-tear. Many of these strengthening supplements also help ailing, weak birds or birds recovering from major bouts of illness.
For all of these reasons, you need to invest in the best supplements for your poultry.
The Best Chicken Supplements to Buy
1. Rooster Booster Vitamins and Electrolytes with Lactobacillus
Rooster Booster Vitamins, Electrolytes, and Probiotic supplements contain everything that your birds need to remain healthy and happy.
This top-rated chicken supplements feed is rich in vitamins, minerals, and live ‘healthy’ bacteria that keep your chickens’ digestive system in top condition.
When you mix this chicken supplement with feed or water, with regular use, your birds will have firmer poop, fewer yeast/bacterial infections, reduced diarrheal bouts, as well as healthier skin, brighter eyes, and a cheerful and happy disposition.
- Suitable for all kinds of poultry
- Rich in vitamins, minerals, and probiotics or live cultures for optimal digestion
- One of the best-selling chicken supplements in the market
- Electrolytes help keep the birds hydrated in hot months and also benefit birds with diarrhea.
- Easy to use
2. Big Ole Bird Poultry Probiotic and Vitamin Supplement
The Washington State Department of Agriculture has approved Big Ole Bird poultry probiotic and vitamin supplements for all kinds of poultry.
Chickens and roosters show healthier weight, improved egg quality, and even quantity of egg production.
Big Ole also reduces algae formation. It helps improve immunity to diseases and pathogens in all kinds of poultry birds and reduces odor-causing bacteria and ammonia as well.
- Big Ole poultry probiotic and vitamin supplement has improved the health of ailing birds. It has even helped chickens having yeast infections like vent gleet.
- It is known to help re-grow feathers
- With regular use, you will see improved egg yield; stronger shells and more vibrant yolk
- Easy to use; simply add to water
- It does not work in some cases for some chickens. The best way to know is to test it out.
3. Rooster Booster Poultry Booster
Rooster Booster poultry supplement is rich in vitamins, minerals, and calcium. It is suitable for fowls of all ages.
The vitamin-rich formula is suitable for all kinds of poultry, including ducks, turkey, guinea, and various species of chickens. Feed it regularly to improve breeding, the quality, and size of eggs, and even help sick or ailing chickens.
- Easy to use; just add it to chicken feed.
- Value for money
- It contains a host of vitamins, minerals, and electrolytes to keep chickens and other fowl healthy during scorching summer months.
- Curbs egg pecking and egg eating
- Produces eggs with harder shells and rich, yellow yolks.
- Some users did not see any visible improvements after several weeks of use.
4. Thunder Faster X3 Formula Health Vitamin Capsules Whey Protein
Thunder Faster X3 is a one-of-a-kind vitamin capsule and whey formula for hens, roosters, and fighting cocks.
This immunity strengthening herbal formula contains more than 48 herbs that are easy to digest, devoid of side effects, and repair wear-and-tear.
Thunder Faster whey protein capsules are easy to use and suitable for all species of poultry. They are perfect for use during the breeding season and increase the strength of muscles and bones.
With regular use of just one capsule per day, your chickens will show brighter eyes, smoother skin, and increased energy levels.
- Improves breeding: beautiful and healthy chicks and eggs
- Builds muscle strength; suitable for all ages and especially for sick chickens or ailing birds
- Faster absorption; fast results
- Low in fats and high in calcium and proteins
- Immunity strengthening
- Compatible with all breeds of chickens
5. Durvet Healthy Flock Poultry Probiotics and Vitamins
Durvet Healthy Flock poultry products are some of the best chicken supplements in the market.
The Probiotics and vitamins aid ailing and sick chickens and are especially recommended for birds suffering from digestive problems like diarrhea.
- Suitable for birds of all ages
- Supports digestion
- Contains all kinds of vitamins, minerals, probiotics, electrolytes, and digestive enzymes
- Easy to use; simply add the product to drinking water
6. Thunder Fit Special Laying Chicken Food Vitamin
Thunder Fit Special Chicken supplement is convenient to use and add to water.
This herbal, all-natural supplement is ideal for increasing breeding and improving the quality of eggs. It is easy to digest and free from antibiotics.
Thunder Fit is suitable for all types of chickens, and repairs wear and tear. It helps increase muscle strength and coat condition. It is also ideal for giving healthy skin, bright eyes, and smooth skin. This supplement has also helped fighting cocks and ailing or elderly birds.
- Contains more than 48 vitamins
- Helps sick birds recover
- Heals wounds and repairs wear and tear.
- Prepared chickens for the breeding season
- Gives rise to healthier eggs and chicks
- Not many user reviews and ratings on top retail sites.
7. Durvet Vitamins & Electrolytes Powder Concentrates
Durvet Vitamins & Electrolytes powder concentrate is a soluble mixture of essential vitamins, minerals, and hydrating electrolytes.
Add the powder to your birds’ water or feed when they are undergoing stress or in the scorching heat.
- It contains Vitamins A, B-complex, E, C, and D.
- Easy to use supplement; can be added to drinking water
- Great taste that all kinds of birds love
- Can be even fed to cockatiels
8. SavAChick Electrolytes and Vitamins Supplements
Sav-A-Chick electrolyte is ideal for warm weather as it helps keep chicks hydrated. It also provides birds with essential vitamins and minerals.
The product is approved for organic use. This must-have product should be present in every farmer’s first-aid kit for poultry. At the first sign of your birds looking under-the-weather, feed them this supplement, and they’d be back to normal!
- Great taste and flavor with a beautiful orange color
- Must-have supplement for hot summers; will keep your birds hydrated and perky
- Known to revive ill and dying birds
- Small packet sizes.
9. Fresh Eggs Daily Poultry Probiotics Chicken and Duck Feed Supplement
Fresh Eggs Daily is a daily feed supplement for chickens which contains all-natural probiotics, digestive support enzymes, immunity-boosting vitamins, and minerals.
The convenient 1lb canister is easy to handle, and the chicken feed supplement can be used for ducks as well.
- The great flavor which the birds love
- Value for money
- Easy to use
- Increases egg production
- The feed can be added to food instead of water
To keep your backyard chickens (or ducks) healthy and happy, you need to use the best chicken vitamin supplements.
Chicken vitamins, probiotics, and electrolytes help improve digestion, prevent dehydration, enhance immunity to infections, and also keep your birds cheerful and healthy.
Quality chicken supplements even help repair wear and tear, build muscles, and improve skin and feathers, as well as the overall quality of life in weak or sick birds.